Concept4, Page 4 - "Buckley" Airgun

Details & Pictures Making the Airgun

Continued from Page 3. Showcasing the making of the airgun I
designed using Buckley's reservoir design as a base.

January 2010

During the Christmas holidays I had some parts made. The air tank thread is the same
as a paintball gun and meets no commercial tap size. The company that lathed the
parts for me used stainless and glad they did as I was thinking of going brass. I have
to finish the parts, but will hopefully get to it before the month is over. I will add more
on these pages when I am able to do more work.

July 3, 2010

I had started the action block myself but had to source out the boring as I didn't
have the tooling necessary. Unfortunately the job shop messed up and I had them redo
the bore for the bolt as it was 0.025" off center. It is now a perfect fit but doesn't
look as good as solid block. This was last year when this was done.

I finally did a little more work to the "Concept 4" project. I milled the slot for the
trigger in the trigger guard/handle. The screw holes also are now in place and need
chamfering. I also machined the action block to fit the handle using a slot to keep the
assembled gun tighter together rather then relying on screws alone. Spent about 7 hours
do the work and will be a few weeks before I can continue.

Any feedback and suggestions related to this build are welcome.


Become a Patron!